Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thoughts of a passerby

I am walking and I am feeling this road very diferently. I walk here everyday, but right now I feel the soft and subtle sound of falling leaves, nascent murmur of birds yet hidden in darkness and silent sleeping in all the homes around. It is early morning. I have some sense of satisfaction for rare chain of hours engrossed in work. I am thinking, restless to create my own models of reality and venture into intricasies of human actions as an observer. And, I feel time around me, passing slowly, slower than it usually goes and I see a small window to look into future.
In 50 years, population of earth will be doubled. Currently it is 6000 million. Earth's radius is 6400 Km. So it gives 2 X 3.14 X 6400 X 6400 area which comes as 257228800 square Km. Out of this only 1/4th is available as land. So it becomes 64307200 square kilometers. And, not all this area is available for cultivation or building houses. I can go along to sketch the doom. But thats not the point.
May be we will manage such a doubling. But then what will be this city which is currently overflowing? It will skyscrapers, subways and many things which I am not able to visualise now. But then will there be morning which i feel right now? Will there be a huge tree which is home for birds, shade for passerby and a simple symbol of life which can outweigh all efforts of uprooting? Will there be a place near to home where evening breeze can fly you in nostalgic memories and then moon light will sooth you?
My problem with crowd is of lack of beauty. Silence has many seeds of uncertainities. You cover yourself in the silence and then some seed reaches to flower of creation. Where will it be such silence? Will it become exotic and can be purchased at hoilday destinations? And, with millions of riches travelling around the globe, will we have enough silence hot spots?
the speed takes toll on us. It makes us aggresive. We seek for age old and rubbish identities to secure ourselves in dwindling pace of life. The more life accelerates, the more primitive we are becoming. I do not see any way if we do not seek soome silence in such dynamism.
Aha, I am again getting into philosophy and this beautiful dawn is ageing into yet another reguler morning in this city.
My words, I will sow you inside.
The happiness of being bourn,
pains and gains of being alive
and end, so certain, which is away from everything....

some leaves are falling, and silence is rapidly becoming unknown into dense forests of humans. Do you hear silence?

No comments:

Post a Comment